Communities are changing.
Our communities used to be places where everyone knew one another, and you didn’t have to look far to find a helping hand. We understand that the story has been changing. Do any of these situations sound like your community?
- There is a sense of divisiveness in the community.
- Neighbours don’t know each other like they used to.
- If you need help, will someone notice and show up?
- People are wary of each other.
- It feels like we are losing our sense of community.
- I live amongst strangers.
It doesn’t have to be this way. The Happy Community Project can help you make a difference. It’s time to champion that heritage and reforge the social connections that communities need to thrive once again. Whether you live in a small town or a a neighbourhood, uor community can be a happier community.
Coffee Connections: a virtual monthly meetup for those who want more from their community
Wish you had a way to meet like-minded people to talk about where you live and how it could improve?
You are not alone. Our free monthly online ‘meeting’ connects you to people who share your same interests and concerns around community. Facilitated by our founder Barry, our discussions help you:
- Share your ideas and hear ideas from others
- Learn from experts
- Find resources and share your knowledge/experience
Happy Community Builders: the world’s first network designed for those that build happier communities.
“Builders” are what we call ordinary citizens and professionals who want to make positive change in their communities. But we know changing the status quo can be a tough. Our network offers:
- Connection to others who understand
- Access to resources to empower your goals
- Sharing of ideas with other people doing similar things
- Relief knowing you are doing things the best way
Connect, share and co-create in a sandbox of ideas.
Happy Community Training Program: turn your big idea into even bigger community change
Learn at-your-own-pace through our effective and proven training program that covers:
- How to come up with (or improve) an idea to transform your community into a better place.
- Work with your community and existing resources to
- Inspire engagement, set up your Core Group and promote your cause.
- Build sustainability into your movement to insure it’s continued impact.
Why this is imporant.
Thought leaders are telling us that our humanity’s survival depends on communities where we no longer just look out for our self, we look out for each other. They also say this is the true path to happiness.
We can ignore them. After all, right now most of our personal lives are still pretty good. But what are the lives of our children and grandchildren going to be like 20 years from now?
We can hope or we can do something about it. Yes -the problems seem big. But much of the solution is actually quite simple. Help make your community a happier community and collectively, we can make a difference everywhere. And the bonus, actively doing something about it makes us feel good.
Whether you are a man or a woman, rich or poor, privileged or not, educated or not, you can make a difference.
We will help you find the path forward.
The Happy Community Project
Providing Community Champions with the tools to build a strong foundation for their community.
Recognition & Partners
We have proven the effectiveness of the Happy Community Project Tool Kit. Our success has been recognized internationally by several universities and organizations. Our partners are critical to our success.