The Present Story
Our present story is expanding almost daily. We have more stories to tell of how the Happy Community Project has transformed the lives of individuals as well as communities. For example, we were recently told that a rural medical doctor chose to live in West Hants because it was a “Happy Community” that would give him and his family quality of life. He chose this over a concern for more money. We have also seen how the Happy Community Project has stimulated economic activity by creating an environment that gives entrepreneurs the confidence to open their businesses. And we have seen how great ideas can spread from one community to another. Say No to Plastic, Keep the world Fantastic started in Kolkata and was adopted by West Hants.
When you are part of the Happy Community Project, you are part of a growing family of communities that care about the wellbeing and happiness of their citizens.
We have piloted the Happy Community Project™ Tool Kit in three communities: West Hants Nova Scotia, Stewiacke Nova Scotia and Kolkata India.
Through this experience we have proven that transforming a community is a lot easier than most people think. With the right tools, it is possible for every community to be a happy community. The Happy Community Project is an inspiring idea that is proven in results.
The Future Story
Our goal is to create the possibility that our children will be able to find a community where they can enjoy the happiness that comes from belonging, social connections, meaning, sufficiency and safety. The great news is that as we develop our communities this way, the benefits are here and now in the present. People today have more smiles and feel better because their neighbours will be there for them as they will be there for them as well. This brings meaning and purpose beyond just trying to get by in a busy world.
To meet this goal, we see the Happy Community Project showing up in communities across Canada and around the world. We see us having a small team of Core people who are experts in supporting communities to achieve this goal. We see us having the technology to share the Happy Community project widely and provide support so that it is a success in every community that wants to be a Happy Community.
We see this happening with the support of you, the people who want the same kind of world as we do. Perhaps it is because you can lend us your expertise, make the valuable connections, be part of our team or financially support our efforts.
Together we can change the world. Most people want to be on a different path. They just want to know what they can do and know they have the support behind them so it works out for the good. The Happy Community Project makes this possible..
Our Guiding Principles
- The strength, wellbeing and resiliency of our community is in our social connectedness and belonging across our diversity.
- There is no “they should…… It is up to us to make our community the way we want.”
- It is easy when all citizens embrace their responsibility to our community
- Deep down content happiness comes from experiencing belonging, social connectedness, meaning, having enough and safety.
- Meaning comes from looking out for others
- Social connectedness and safety come form belonging
- Many hands make light work – citizens do as much as they want, what they want and when they want – and no more.
Who is part of the Happy Community Project?
The Happy Community project consists of literally thousands of people:
- 35,000 citizens whose lives have been affected by the Happy Community Project
- 700 volunteers who have helped strengthen community connections and belonging
- 42 Core Group Leaders who have inspired their communities into action
- 24 advisors who have guided the strategy and planning
- 8 professional volunteers who have brought technology, process and knowledge to the development of the Happy Community Project Tool Kit
- 5 Confidents who have provided oversight, guidance and encouragement
- Thousand and thousands of people who every day cheer us along and support us with their desire to see us succeed.
The Happy Community Project
Providing Community Champions with the tools to build a strong foundation for their community.
Your donation will be used to develop programing, delivery and technology so more communities can be Happy Communities. The more Happy Communities there are, the more we and our children can take confidence in our future.
Recognition & Partners
We have proven the effectiveness of the Happy Community Project Tool Kit. Our success has been recognized internationally by several universities and organizations. Our partners are critical to our success.